Perryville Bible Church ~ 220 Moonstone Beach Rd Wakefield, RI 02879 ~ 401-783-9824
Perryville Bible Church
COVID-19 Update 5/29/20
Dear Church Family,
Great news! Governor Raimondo is allowing places of worship to reopen at 25% capacity the weekend this weekend. With this information, we are planning to resume holding our morning worship service at the church facility this Sunday @ 10:45 am.
While we are excited about the opportunity to worship together in-person this Sunday, church leadership wants to remind you that this does not mean we are able to go back to things as normal. Our main focus right now is to create a safe environment for Sunday morning worship. Sunday School classes and the Sunday evening service will be suspended for the time being, and the Small Group Meeting on Wednesday night will continue to be held on Zoom.
The Elders have developed a COVID-19 Control Plan that will remain in effect until further notice. Some of the key details of the plan are as follows:
- We will apply social distancing measures by arranging seating so that individual family units can remain at least six (6) feet apart at all times. Family units are encouraged to sit together in blocks rather than rows. An usher will help direct attendees to their seats.
- We will require all persons to wear a cloth face covering mask when moving about the church facility. Masks are not required to be worn while seated in the sanctuary during the worship service.
- We will disinfect commonly touched surfaces, such as door handles and railings, prior to each scheduled service, and we will ensure that any individual who enters the church facility has ready access to hand sanitizer at all times.
In addition, we will need to temporarily modify some of our existing practices. This will include:
- Nursery: The provision of child care for infants and toddlers is suspended for the time being.
- Offerings: Attendees are asked to place their financial gifts in an offering plate placed by the main doors to the sanctuary.
- Greetings: Attendees are encouraged to nod or wave instead of shaking hands or hugging.
To ensure the safety of everyone associated with our church, if you are sick, please stay home. When you are feeling better, you are welcome to join us again for corporate worship.
These remain unique times. We appreciate your patience with us and with one another as we seek to navigate our new normal. For those who are hesitant to participate in our Sunday morning worship service just yet, know that the sermon will continue to be available on the church website each week for you to hear.
We look forward to seeing many of you on Sunday!
I was glad when they said to me, “Let us go to the house of the Lord.”
Grace and peace,
Pastor Rex & the Church Elders